What is NZ Music Missions?
Lifeswitch Church is a non-denominational Evangelical Christian Church based in Silverstream, New Zealand (25 minutes north of our capital city, Wellington).
We are passionate about reaching our local community and bringing them into an environment where they can come to a saving relationship through Jesus Christ.
We inspire, equip and challenge Christ-followers to grow in their own faith and to be as effective as possible at leveraging their influence in their own sphere.
Goodtime Music Academy
Jonny Wilson launched the Goodtime Music Academy in 2007 with just 30 students and a dream to create the school he wished he had when he was growing up. The academy now has over 40 passionate staff and over 900 students that attend every week.
Their vision is to make music lessons and exciting musical experiences available to all young people, no matter what their socio-economic background may be. Jonny is an elder at Lifeswitch Church and the majority of his team at the academy are also passionate Christians.
Together as organisations we have created NZ Music Missions for the following reasons:
Meet the team
Chris Lam Sam
Statement Of Faith
We are an evangelical, non-denominational Christian organisation. We welcome Christian musicians that hold to what C.S Lewis would describe as 'mere Christianity'.
- There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality.
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, inerrant and authoritative written Word of God.
- Jesus Christ is God, the living Word, who became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. Hence, He is perfect Deity and true humanity united in one person forever.
- He lived a sinless life and voluntarily atoned for our sins by dying on the cross as our substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him alone.
- He rose from the dead in the same body, though glorified, in which He had lived and died.
- He ascended bodily into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father, where He, the only mediator between God and man, continually makes intercession for His own.
- Mankind was originally created in the image of God, but sinned by disobeying God and thus, was alienated from the Creator. That historic fall brought all mankind under divine condemnation.
- Mankind's nature is corrupted by sin, and people are totally unable to please God. Everyone is in need of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
- The salvation of mankind is wholly a work of God's free grace and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justifies them in His sight.
- It is the privilege of all who are born again of the Spirit, to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Saviour. This assurance is not based upon any kind of human merit, but is produced by the witness of the Holy Spirit, who confirms in the believer, the testimony of God in His written word.
- The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to sinful people. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparting new life to them, continually dwells in them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption.
- Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body is composed of all people, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
- Jesus Christ will come again to the earth – personally, visibly and bodily – to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to disciple people of every nation. The fulfillment of that Great Commission requires that all worldly and personal ambitions be subordinated through a total commitment to "Him who loved us and gave Himself for us".